We are looking for a Buyer in our Sourcing & Production department who is dedicated to sourcing, negotiations and product development. The position is a maternity cover and vacant as per December 1st. 2017.
As Buyer at By Malene Birger you will be a part of an established team where you will be responsible for the tasks related to your own product categories – Knit/Jersey and Accessories. You will have a close corperation with both our Design Team and Fitting Team as well as our collegues in the local production offices.
You will be a part of developing our 4 collections a year in terms of fabric sourcing, supplier sourcing and negotiation, sampling and production. Within all tasks you ensure the best price without compromising on our high quality level. You are skilled and motivated by working with product development, KPI’s, deadlines and price negotiations. Further working with alternative solutions and optimization is natural to you.
You deliver high quality in all aspects of your work and constantly on the outlook for new ways to develop the brand and our products.
- Daily contact via e-mail or phone, to all suppliers & colleagues in Production offices
- Counter sampling and quoting
- Working with margins towards design and suppliers
- Sourcing of new materials, trimmings in cooperation with Design
- Follow up on product development
- Handling and cordination of samples
- Creation and maintenance of fabrics/styles in PDM/ERP system (Styleman)
- Issuing production orders and daily follow-up on delivery status for protos, samples and production
- Approval of supplier invoices and control credit notes
- Claim management with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Various cross functional tasks
- Potential travelling to fairs/suppliers
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Education from relevant design/textile school
- Solid knowledge & skills on materials and the entire production process
- Solid experience in sourcing from different markets
- Solid knowledge in co-operation with the Far East or Southern European countries
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Highly structured and good at prioritizing
- Result-oriented and selfdriven
- Strong communicator – good at handling people
- Authentic and profound – what you say is what you do
- Team player who is trustworthy and shows great respect for other people
ABOUT THE COMPANY
By Malene Birger was founded in 2003 by Malene Birger and IC Group and has since grown into an international fashion force under the creative directorship of Christina Exsteen. The company, which is housed within an elegant 19th century mansion in Copenhagen, employs more than 150 people across offices and retail stores and operates flagship stores in Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Dubai. Recently, By Malene Birger was awarded Brand of the Year at Elle Style Awards 2016. The By Malene Birger mission is simple: to design clothes and accessories that women find irresistible – whether it is for the office, lounging or for the red carpet.
Ansøgningsfrist As soon as possible.
Navn By Malene Birger
Navn Jesper Skov