The design philosophy of VILA is based on a feminine approach to fashion, uniting femininity and trend insights. VILA’s signature style is discovered in the mix of prints, delicate cuts and fine details. VILA A/S was established in 1994 as part of BESTSELLER A/S, a 100 % family- owned company founded in 1975. Today, VILA is sold through 120 chain stores all over Europe and 2000 multi-brand stores. VILA also covers vila.com and shop-in-shop. For more information, please visit www.vila.com or www.about.bestseller.com
Supply Chain Specialist
Do you have solid experience in working with a global supply chain in the textile industry? Are you also aspiring to have a challenging job focused on quality assurance and sourcing?
Then you might be our new Supply Chain Specialist to strengthening VILA’s supply chain and contributing to the VILA sourcing strategy and our Fashion FWD strategy.
You will join VILA’s Supply Chain Management team which is a part of a dedicated sourcing and buying department, characterised by a young and informal work environment with room for creativity and helpful colleagues. As a team we cover various tracks within supply chain management i.e. quality assurance, supplier development, communication and knowledge sharing, traceability and transparency, compliance and consolidation, responsible sourcing and sustainability.
As Supply Chain Specialist you will together with the team be working on building, developing and maintaining an agile, efficient and resilient VILA supply chain. And through this creating the right sourcing platform to support and contribute to the overall VILA strategy and our Fashion FWD strategy.
Your responsibilities will among others include:
- Supporting our buying department in quality assurance processes including physical testing requirement standards
- Ensuring VILA’s compliance obligations regarding standard operating procedures, manuals and guidelines provided by BESTSELLER’s Global Sourcing department
- Constantly developing and improving performance on claims, quality and ‘memorandum of understanding’
- Analysing claims, implementing actions and workflow internally and with suppliers
- Planning and facilitating supplier evaluations and follow-up on action plans with suppliers
- Training colleagues and suppliers regarding optimization of processes, new legislation or regulations related to quality assurance
The job is the perfect match for you, who want to utilise your skills and knowledge within textile and fabrics to ensure quality assurance and compliance. You thrive on responsibility and take 100% ownership of your projects and tasks. As a person, you are a self-starter with an analytical mind-set – always on the lookout for new opportunities for development and improvement. You possess great communication skills, and easily convey complicated information in an comprehensible way. In the same way, you ensure that both suppliers and colleagues understand the importance of high quality requirements and new initiatives, so that everyone is aligned. You have a general interest in IT solutions and digitization.
- Educational background within Buying, Sourcing or Pattern Design
- Min 3-5 years of experience working with supplier development, risk assessment and quality control within the fashion industry
- Experience working with QA/QC - reading and understanding tests and requirements specifications
- A profound understanding of global value chain
- Solid data analysis and data presentation skills
- Basic knowledge of sustainable sourcing processes and the different fibres included in BESTSELLER’s Fashion FWD strategy
- Familiar with the MS Office package, especially Excel
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Project management experience is considered an advantage
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions in relation to the position, you are welcome to contact Pernille Bruun Lindblad via phone +45 30853523. Otherwise, upload your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 23 March 2021. We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis, and reserve the right to remove the ad, when we have found the right candidate.
Stilling at Skanderborg, Denmark.
Appx. 20-25 days of travel a year.
Retail Manager (North America)
International Sales Manager
Digital Shop Managernew