Knitwear & jersey Designer
We’re looking for a Copenhagen-based Knitwear and jersey designer, with a minimum of 2 years experience in knit and jersey, to join our Design team while one of our colleagues is on maternity leave.
Preferred start date would be November 2020 and the maternity cover will end in June 2021 with the possibility for extension.
The job will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all Knit and Jersey on Ganni Mainline collections, 4 collections a year.
- Partner closely with Creative Director & RTW Designers to consistently develop the knit and jersey collections.
- Participate in Development of key trends and seasonal theme direction for silhouette, fabric and trim.
- Create technical sketches, illustrations and style information in Illustrator
- Research current bestsellers and trends to develop new styles, designs, and brand evolution.
- Development of materials, artworks and trim with the Sourcing Team
- Collaborate with all members of the design team to ensure cohesiveness of products.
- Lead and participate in regular team meetings to present and to reinforce close communication on design.
- Collaborate across Design in creating presentations/presentation materials for Milestone meetings
- Identify/source material references for inspiration, monitor industry trends
- Partner with production team to manage assigned work from launch of product throughout completion
- Participate in preparation of line for various meetings and market presentationsAdhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines; ensuring all designs
- are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure garments meet fit, comfort and construction goals for their respective categories
- Build strong and synergistic relationships with cross functional partners; Merchandising, Marketing, Sales, Technical, Sourcing and Production
The position is full time and you will be referring to our Head of Design Studio and Creative Lab.
We encourage you to apply as quickly as possible - we will be interviewing candidates as we receive applications.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
GANNI is committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce, building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. It is a fundamental policy at GANNI not to discriminate on any basis or characteristics. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply.
Marketing & E-commerce Directornew