Bredgade 73, 1. floor
Om Saks Potts
Saks Potts is a Copenhagen-based outerwear brand launched in 2014 by Cathrine Saks and Barbara Potts. Cathrine and Barbara were both born in 1993. Growing up in Copenhagen together they realized that the most important investment in a woman’s wardrobe is a beautiful coat. When the weather is chilly most of the year, as it is up North, outerwear is all you see when you look around. Women’s outerwear should stand out, brighten up the surroundings and reflect everyone’s individual personality. With Cathrine’s degree in Fashion Design and Tailoring and Barbara’s BA in Art History from the University of Copenhagen, they perfectly complement each other. Their partnership is the right blend of technical expertise and artistic understanding. Their designs represent unusual aesthetics, playful colours and delicate materials all in high quality. The collections are not based on short-termed trends but work beautifully across seasons, which make the Saks Potts items extremely applicable in any wardrobe. As a niche brand, Saks Potts has received great international acknowledgement and have been worn by Rihanna, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Gigi Hadid and Leandra Medine to name a few. Saks Potts is also held by some of the world’s most esteemed stockists including Net-A-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Matches Fashion, Boon The Shop, Mytheresa and Tsum. Saks Potts is an award-winning brand with two Elle Style Awards: ”Unavoidable of the year” (2015) and ”Brand of the year” (2018).
Head of PR & Marketing
Saks Potts is currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious PR Manager with international experience to join the creative and driven Saks Potts team.
The primary responsibility is to further develop the awareness of the brand, through tactical PR and SoMe activities, as well as secure the position as a rapidly growing luxury brand. The role will also include project management during fashion shows, events and presentations.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop and execute PR strategies and Social Media activities
- Press contact (maintain various incoming press requests).
- Coordination and story pitching of potential interviews.
- Archiving and monitoring all coverage of Saks Potts and communicate this to our clients and stockist.
- Create and nurture relationships with the media and brand VIPs and ambassadors and maintain the contacts database.
- Manage dressing of potential VIPs and ambassadors.
- Responsibility of the showroom facilities, manage seeding samples and lend outs.
- Manage Social Media requests and content
- Assume the role of project manager for PR activities.
- Support on show planning and other seasonal events, presentations, shootings and activities.
- Quality assurance and management of all event production elements.
- Uphold budgets and timeframes related to PR and marketing activities
- Excellent copywriting abilities
Preferably, the right candidate:
- Has a minimum of 1 year previous work experience in a similar or relevant role
- Expert in working independently and proactively with many responsibilities
- Has excellent written and verbal English skills (Danish is not required)
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Has previously been managing PR events, such as fashion shows etc
- Has good relationships with the luxury segment media, press and influencers
- Has strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Experienced to work in high pressure situations and under tight deadlines
- Has experience with budget management
- Has strong organisational skills
- Has a natural interest in fashion
The PR Manager will be working closely with co-founder Barbara Potts, whom one will refer to.
Furthermore, it is crucial that the candidate enjoys working for a new and small brand in a start-up phase. This means the opportunity for rapid professional growth, and a thrilling environment that constantly poses new challenges. However it also demands a high degree of flexibility, tact and self-confident insight in the needs of our business, as well as the willingness and insight to pick-up a wide range of unscripted tasks. Above all, it requires a strong degree of collaborative trust and team-spirit between the two founders and their team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate who is motivated by seeing their work shape the brand’s public identity and who values a diverse workload with a lot of responsibility.
Start date: Preferably March/April 2019.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark.
SENESTE ARTIKLER OM SAKS POTTS
Design & Patternmaking Internnew
Design Manager - Mainnew
Head of PR & Marketingnew
PR & Communications Internnew