Om Konges Sløjd
Konges Sløjd is a creative brand that salutes the wild, varied, and perfectly imperfect life of children. our aim is to make thoughtful and quality-conscious designs using our unique signature prints and color palette, whilst dropping in imaginative humorous aesthetics, the pace in our company is high and the vibe is super positive. we love colleagues who have attitudes, initiative, and a little bit of unpredictability. Konges Sløjd is also an entrepreneurial success story that started seven years ago in a basement in Copenhagen, and which is now in 85 markets with +1.500 retailers and continues to realize triple-digit annual revenue growth. You will find yourself sitting in the engine room of a rocket ready to launch! Nothing is, nor will, ever be perfect and life is often chaotic. but what wonderful chaos it is!
Head of Marketing
Do want to push Konges Sløjd to become a leading anchor brand across the world?
Konges Sløjd is on a tremendous growth journey, in part due to its very strong brand, products, and high quality.
We are looking for a unique individual to lead a strong marketing team. The team has a good grip on the creative direction for the brand, so the weight of the task will be on planning & structure as well as great leadership.
Your job will be to build a best-in-class team and take the reins on one of the most sought-after brands in the premium children’s clothing & accessories categories.
You will be reporting to the CCO and work closely with your good colleagues in the Commercial Management Team: a Sales Director and an E-commerce Director, as well as the rest of the Commercial Team. Together, you will play a key role in unleashing the huge potential of an already internationally successful company. You will have full autonomy over your team, ranging from marketing strategy, content creation, and influencers to PR, and manage everything within the space of marketing. The Konges Sløjd brand is currently present globally, but brand awareness varies a lot, and this will be one of your key tasks: further, grow brand awareness in select strategic markets.
The right candidate is a person who:
- Has a great feel for marketing and branding, specifically with a young, vibrant high-growth brand such as Konges Sløjd.
- Has a unique talent for interacting with other people: colleagues, team members, and clients alike. You excel at building strong, long-term relationships with both colleagues and external partners
- Thrives in seeing team members grow and is ready to support them in the right way at the right time
- Wants to play an active role outside of the marketing team, especially in the intersection between marketing, sales, design, and our supply chain operations
- Is never afraid to take a hands-on approach, as the team at times will be fully loaded managing the many tasks of growing our brand
- It is by no means a requirement that you are a mother yourself, but as the Konges Sløjd brand has a mantra of celebrating motherhood, it is of course key that you really “get” the target audience
- Develop long-term brand and marketing strategy and annual commercial and marketing plans, including business plan, the marketing calendar, media mix allocation, innovative product development, promotions, pricing, and digital initiatives
- Responsible for the allocation of marketing budget among different projects
- Ensure a high brand awareness and customer pull in selected markets
- Be an active part of the Commercial Management team
- Have scoped and implemented the ideal team to achieve the goals, consisting of content creation, organic SoMe, PR, influencers, and more
- Based on the strategy, set clear and ambitious goals for your team, and follow through with them
- Have reached your KPIs within a brand awareness and brand perception
What qualifications should the Marketing Director have?
- >5 years of experience working with a global premium brand.
- Perfect balance between a strategic approach, critical thinking, and action orientation whilst happy to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Experience with the entire spectrum of marketing and brand building, and a solid knowledge of how to define and work towards set KPIs
- Strong project management skills and agency experience
- An ongoing interest in what’s next, and the ability to suggest what’s right for Konges Sløjd at a given point in time
- It is an advantage if you speak Danish but it is not a requirement
Starting date is as soon as possible. Salary according to qualifications. Our office is located in central Copenhagen.
Please send a short motivation letter along with your CV. We are interviewing ongoing.
If you have questions you are welcome to call CCO Simon Peschcke-Køedt at +45 5388 8888.
PR & Communications Internnew
Marketing & E-commerce Managernew
International Sales Rep - Sportswear & Running Apparelnew
Graphic Design Responsiblenew