Clifton - New York
Rains is an outerwear lifestyle brand. Its collections blend a conceptual-meets-functional design approach, a strong urban inspiration, and a signature fabric identity. A coated waterproof fabric palette inspired by Rains’ first design – a contemporary reinterpretation of the classic rubber raincoat. Rains bring its neo-Scandinavian aesthetic, unisex collections, and consistently surprising curation to consumers across four continents.
Would you like to join an international lifestyle brand on the cusp of exciting developments in North America? Applying your proven accountancy skills to help the outerwear brand unlock the market’s vast potential?
Rains are searching for a business-oriented, hands-on, and independent Finance Manager for Rains US (Rains USA Inc.). You will be based in Rains’ offices in Clifton NJ close to New York City.
This is a very exciting and developing newly established position with Rains US, where you as Finance Manager will be part of an exciting growth journey. Rains is an expanding international company, with solid growth plans for the North American market. You will work at Rains US in Clifton NJ from where both the US and Canadian market is covered, and you will have the opportunity to draw upon a strong Finance team at Rains HQ in Aarhus, Denmark. You will refer to the CEO in Rains US with close cooperation with the Group CFO, who is based in Rains HQ.
You will have an important and influential role in taking care of finance for Rains US, participating in both development-oriented and responsible tasks in close coordination with the Finance function in Rains HQ as well as daily hands-on operational tasks. At the same time, you will become part of a successful company, where you will enjoy a large degree of freedom with responsibility and a flat and informal organizational structure.
You will be part of an ambitious, open, informal, and exciting work environment. You are detail-oriented and take pride in the fact that things are correct, worked through, and work efficiently. You get a varied everyday life where there are different types of tasks.
We imagine an introductory period at Rains HQ in Aarhus, after which you will relocate to a permanent position with Rains US.
- Financial management and analysis, including being an active sparring partner for the Rains US organization for the US and Canadian market
- Supporting the Rains US organization with financial information and bringing a good understanding of financial data and performance to the organization
- Optimization and automation of financial processes and other administrative processes
- Ensure that Rains US follows the adopted group procedures
- Participate actively in system optimization and ensure that new systems and processes are effectively incorporated in Rains US in connection with ongoing system optimization across the group
- Responsibility for the day-to-day bookkeeping with hands-on accounting, reconciliations, checks, debtor, debtor follow-up, creditors, financial costs, and reporting
- Participate in and support the month-end process to ensure a correct basis for monthly reporting at the Group level
- An accounting/economics background and preferably bachelor's or master’s in Finance/Accounting or Trained Accountant
- A strong IT understanding - and is very competent and experienced in the use of IT systems and ERP systems, both for process optimization, reporting, and analysis
- Experience for a minimum of 5 years with financial management, controlling, follow-up on key figures, hands-on bookkeeping, and reconciliations – if the experience is obtained with an American company this would be an additional advantage
- Very good spoken and written English skills - and you might have good/native Danish skills also
- You have good communication skills and can translate financial figures to the organization
- Solves tasks within deadline
- Hands-on and good at maintaining an overview
- Independent, structured, responsible, like to streamline and optimize, and takes pride in delivering a high quality of work
- Positive, empathetic, and personable, good at starting and maintaining relationships with your colleagues
Workplace: Rains US, Clifton NJ
Application deadline: As soon as possible
Start-up date: As soon as possible
UnikRecruitment assists Rains with the recruitment process. The closing date for the application is asap. We will continuously look at incoming applications and close the position when the right candidate has been found. For further information, please contact Michael Kjærgaard by phone at +45 22224000 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Developer Assistantnew
International Sales Managernew