Blegdamsvej, 124, 2100, København Ø, Denmark
LIEWOOD is an equal opportunity employer devoted to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment empowering every employee to do their best. As such, recruitment is always based solely on personal, business, and professional circumstances, and recruitment, promotion, and dismissals are never affected by race, sexual orientation, age, ethnic or social origin, gender, religion, race, social background, political affiliations, or opinions or the like that could give rise to discrimination.
Design Manager (Industrial Design)
LIEWOOD is looking for an experienced, skilled, and structured Design Manager to be a part of the Industrial/3D Design management team. You are a driven and technically strong designer who understands the design processes and will take responsibility from idea to final production. You will be able to show your managerial skillset and flex your talents as a designer, as well as lead your team, ensuring LIEWOOD’s DNA and core values both in products and design processes.
As Design Manager, you will lead a strong team of industrial designers. You will be contributing strategically to the ambitious evolution of LIEWOOD as a part of a passionate, design-driven dynamic management team in a fast-growing global brand.
You will be working from the LIEWOOD HQ in Copenhagen Ø, Denmark. We encourage you to apply for the position though you are currently living outside of Denmark, ready to relocate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Co-responsible for each collection’s planning and structure, ensuring compliance with deadlines and priorities within the design team.
- Keep the overview and ensure direction and alignment in the design team across the different product groups and collections.
- Ensure the development of the design team in terms of technical professionalism, aesthetics, and commercial understanding.
- Ensure that we keep on being at the forefront of new products, categories, and sustainable products/materials - both in sourcing and developing new products
- Development of existing and new product categories
- Responsible for the big overview of the collections to ensure reaching the budgets and goals
- Inspiration research, trends, and ideas for new collections
- Start-up of possible new product groups/categories
- Sketching, development, and production of 2D and 3D drawings in SolidWorks or Rhino, presentations using Key Shot, and Adobe Suite
- Daily follow-up and touch base with buying and suppliers on running developments
- Ensuring that new products live up to safety standards in close corporation with the compliance team
Does this sound like you?
- An experienced Design manager, able to lead and inspire a team in a dynamic environment
- Passionate and innovative as a Designer
- Detail-oriented, with a good overview, and able to prioritize your tasks in a busy everyday life
- Efficient, decisive, and proactive – a self-starter who takes responsibility and initiative
- A team player, but at the same time manage to follow your independent tasks completely to the goal
- A skilled communicator both internal and external
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken on a professional level
- Relevant education within industrial design/product design
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with Industrial Design in a commercial design company
- Proven management skills and experience in leading a Design-team
- Experienced user in SolidWorks or Rhino, Key Shot, and Adobe Suite
- Natural interest in kids’ fashion and interior
- A natural understanding of production processes, methods, mold developments, and materials across different categories
- Great technical knowledge and understanding
- Commercial product understanding
How to apply:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Interviews are therefore held on an ongoing basis. Feel free to submit your application today already. We will look forward to hearing from you!
For questions regarding the position, please contact People & Culture Manager, Line Neustrup Ovesen at email@example.com
Salg og marketing elevnew
Administrative Sales Coordinatornew
International Key Account Managernew
Product Developer Assistantnew